We are committed to spreading a new food culture: making available simple-to-use ancient techniques for self-production of healthy food, in a few square meters, without the use of chemicals and pesticides, which is environmentally friendly and sustainable.
The Aquaponic System Solution
Water in the aquaculture tanks is pumped into the hydroponic tanks where plants filter it, taking nourishment from it and giving back to the fish clean water that is suitable for their living.
Ponic App - Chinampas 2.0
With PonicApp it will be simple and intuitive to become an aquaponic grower, from selecting seeds and sprouts, according to season, to harvesting produce. Ponics's web app is the application dedicated to our "Chinampas 2.0" aquaponic system. This application is designed to remotely control and monitor all aspects of your aquaponic system, wherever you are. PonicApp allows planning and managing the vegetable garden, with the possibility to choose the desired crop, even out of season. A notification system will alert you when your produce is ready. You can also buy new seeds and sprouts online, easily choose how to arrange the seedlings, and watch your crops grow.
The Aquaponic System
How the aquaponic system works
1) Organic residues produced by the fish contribute to the production of ammonia, and, as a result of the filtration process, are transformed into nitrates, elements that fish can tolerate even at quite high levels.
2) Water loaded with nutrients useful for the plants is then transferred to the grow bed to nourish the plants.
3) The plants’ grow bed is sprayed by the water coming from the fish tank.
4) Plants feed on nutrients "transported" by the water.
5) The water is also filtered by the grow bed, allowing specific bacteria to transform elements, such as ammonia and nitrites, into elements such as nitrates.
6) The filtered water returns to the fish tank, allowing the fish to have the necessary conditions to carry out their life cycle.
The Ponics Aquaponic System is a Clean Ecosystem:
That can develop in open and closed environments. Artificial light generated by LED lamps is used for growth in closed environments.
That allows seasonal and seasonally adjusted crops.
That allows the production of vegetables without the use of pesticides.
Fresh high quality vegetables give you a healthier life and are an important step to safeguarding food quality.
This method saves 90% of water compared to traditional land crops.
Growth time is 30% to 50% shorter than a traditional land crop.
Agricultural and fish products are not contaminated with pesticides or other harmful and environmentally damaging substances.
In a few square meters, you can grow healthy and environmentally friendly food, without the use of chemicals and pesticides.
Aquaponic allows you to grow seasonal or seasonally adjusted products. You are free to choose which ones according to your preferences.